Dental Imaging Services
CT scanning has become an integral part of the preoperative planning in implant Implant Specialistry. Post-processing software in dental CT provides imaging of the mandible and maxilla in a 3D display. The clarity and scale permits uniformity of measurements and cross-referencing of anatomic structures. Unlike previous imaging techniques, current software permits the evaluation of distinct buccal and lingual cortical bone margins, as well as clear visualization of internal structures, such as the incisive and inferior alveolar canals.
InView Imaging is pleased to offer the dental community and their patients several dental imaging products and services.
Dental Implant Surgical Planning
The images produced from Dental CT scans allow the surgeons to accurately plan the dental implant procedure. The exams eliminate the guesswork and alert the surgeon to potential difficulties.
- maximizing the amount of information available on the patient's anatomy
- minimizing unnecessary surgery and eliminating a patient's risk
- pinpointing the location of the alveolar canal and decreasing the chances for damaging nerves
- ascertaining quality and quantity of bone and the possible need for grafts
- permitting precision planning of implant placement
- acting as an educational tool, enabling patients to clearly understand the procedure
- facilitating communication between the surgeon and the restorative Implant Specialist
- increasing the surgeon's confidence to perform difficult cases
Information for Patients
Information for Implant Specialists